Legionella Awareness Training
This Legionella Awareness Training course is designed for learners who work in environments where legionella growth is a risk. The Legionella Awareness Training course aims to raise awareness in order to prevent waterborne disease caused by legionella bacteria.
2022 Course Dates now available for booking:
This qualification covers the health effects of Legionnaire’s disease, the control measures that should be in place to prevent it, as well as the consequences for not complying with relevant legislation. In addition, this qualification contains a specialist unit covering the risks associated with hot and cold water systems.
This qualification is made up of two units:
Unit 1: Principles of legionella awareness
Unit 2: Understanding the risks associated with legionella in hot and cold water systems.
Topics covered on the course will include:
- Provision of a historical context to the disease
- The chain of events leading to infection
- Growth requirements of Legionella, interactions with other microbiological species
- Factors affecting the accumulation of biofilm
- Effectiveness of chemical and non chemical treatments against Legionella and biofilm
- Temperature as a Legionella control method
- Materials of construction, pipework installations
- Water treatment, monitoring and commissioning
- Design, operation, monitoring and maintenance of water systems
- Other water systems e.g spa baths, decorative fountains
The course is a Level 2 Award from HSBC for Legionella Awareness and will be achieved by successful completion of this one day accredited RQF course.
For any training enquiry, please give us a call.Get in touch