C & D and Remedial Plumbing
Cold Water Storage Tanks, Calorifiers and Showerheads.
Part of the control scheme will inevitably require that storage tanks are cleaned and disinfected to maintain hygienic water conditions when required by inspection.
L8 requires that the tanks be inspected at least annually and a judgement made on whether cleaning and disinfection is required. All of our tank inspection reports are verified by photographic evidence supporting decisions on whether a Clean and Disinfection is required.
Among other, the HSE ACoP L8 recommends that the following equipment be regularly cleaned and disinfected:
- Cold Water Storage Tanks
- Hot Water Calorifiers
- Cooling Towers
- Humidifiers and Evaporative Condensers
- Adiabatic Coolers
- Water Features
- Car and Vehicle Washes
ChemTech Consultancy provide advice and a full disinfection service to our clients with method statements detailing how we comply with the highest standards including BS8558:2011. Certification is provided for all disinfection work carried out to ensure client records are kept up to date as required by L8. Tank refurbishment and Byelaw 30 compliance. To assist our clients in meeting all current water regulations and L8 recommendations, ChemTech Consultancy can assist in all types of tan refurbishments and upgrades. We can even assist you with the sizing, specification and selection of new and replacement tanks.
In order to reduce the risk of Legionnaires Disease and comply with Water By-laws it may be necessary to carry out plumbing and remedial works on the water system.
ChemTech Consultancy ensures all plumbing and remedial works are carried out by our highly trained staff to ensure that the remedial actions are completed in accordance with the requirements of ACoP L8, Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 and Byelaw 30 and where appropriate include disinfection to BS 8558:2011 standard.
Site Surveys are carried out to assess the work required and we supply Method Statements and Risk Assessments prior to the work commencing.
ChemTech Consultancy are able to offer a wide range of remedial works and plumbing services such as:
- Installing and six monthly servicing of Thermostatic Mixer Valves
- Removing stored capacity and converting system to mains supply
- Repairing or replacing water heaters i.e calorifiers, hot water cylinders etc
- Removal of deadlegs (redundant pipework or water service) or other unwanted water services
- Installation and supply of new cold water storage tanks
- Insulating water storage tanks and its associated pipe work
- Reconfiguration of pipe work within a cold water storage tank e.g make up water inlet to oppose outlet, diverting returning expansion pipe to drain or atmosphere
- Installing a new vented tank lid
- Installing insect and rodent screens on cold water storage tanks overflow systems
- Cleaning and disinfection of water storage tanks
- Tank relining
To discuss any of the above remedial works – call now.
If you are in doubt regarding your tanks cleanliness - call now.Get in touch