Responsible Person Training
This Responsible Person Training course is aimed at those with managerial responsibility for Health & Safety, who have sufficient authority, competence and knowledge of water systems and water hygiene management, to interpret regulations such as the Approved Code of Practice L8:2013 and HSG 274 parts 1-3.
2019 Courses are scheduled for Thursday 7 March in Glasgow (FULLY BOOKED) and Thursday 14 March in Aberdeen.
Topics covered on the course will include:
- To ensure delegates know of their individual roles, responsibilities and legal obligations.
- Growth requirements of Legionella, interactions with other microbiological species
- Factors affecting the accumulation of biofilm
- Effectiveness of chemical and non chemical treatments against Legionella and biofilm
- Temperature as a Legionella control method
- Materials of construction, pipework installations
- Water treatment, monitoring and commissioning
- Design, operation, monitoring and maintenance of water systems
- Other water systems e.g spa baths, decorative fountains
- Air conditioning system hygiene
- Investigation of outbreaks and routine HSE visits
- Consequences of non-compliance
The course is a Level 3 Award from HABC for Legionella Control for Responsible Persons and will be achieved by successful completion of this one day accredited RQF course.